What in life did it take you a surprisingly long time to realize you’ve been doing wrong all along?
A pergunta acima foi proposta no MetaFilter, que é uma espécie de blog comunitário (aliás, um dos primeiros blogs da internet). Separei algumas das respostas que considerei mais interessantes e divertidas.
- I used to think oral sex was just a fancier way of saying kissing… right up until I was about 14 years old.
- That life has no meaning. Liberating.
- That my parents were never going to be satisfied with anything I do, so I might as well do what makes me happy.
- That I should’ve studied what I loved and was good at rather than what I thought would get me a job.
- Life’s too short to not wear comfortable underwear.
Leia mais algumas no post completo, abaixo.
- Pretty much anyone who’s any good at creating anything feels like a bit of a fraud most of the time. It’s a byproduct of never being satisfied with what you’ve produced, which is the motive force behind most creative enterprises.
- The best way to cook rice it to leave it the eff alone.
- It turns out it’s more important to be pleasant than smart. (Both ideally. But as soon as statistical or ideological perfectionism starts trading off with being friendly, you’re losing.)
- There are three rules that will help any relationship last:
1.) Don’t lie to me
2.) Don’t cheat on me
3.) If I ever do something wrong, you have to tell me what it is, otherwise you are not allowed to get angry about it.
If both sides embrace these as being inviolate from the start, life will be much, much easier for both of you.
- Losing my wife a year ago taught me that life is too short for possessiveness and petty childish jealousy. Enjoy and cherish the people around you in your life – even if the interpersonal relationships aren’t exactly what you might want.
- Drugs are only as good as the people you do them with. Took me three decades to learn that one.
- I was probably 12 before I realized that people on the radio singing to my baby weren’t singing to their infants.
E mais algumas:
- The chest of Superman’s costume does not feature an intriguing Kryptonian design consisting of abstract yellow shapes on a red background. It’s just a big stupid ‘S’.
- My father lied to me a lot when I was a kid. Consequently, I believed that the sky was purple when I wasn’t looking at it until I was about six. Also, that the big flat rocks in the lawn were the tops of mountains. Also, I thought that the reason my shoes were so often under the couch in the morning was because of the rotation of the earth.
- One of the best moments in my life was when I realized that it was stupid and harmful for me to hold partners’ past sexual history against them or to try to measure up to it.
- if counter staff are out and out ignoring you, just idly touch or fuck around with the shit on their desks and they’ll perk right up.
- I learned that telling people something isn’t a word isn’t a great way to make friends.
Thread completa no MetaFilter aqui.
[Post criado em 2010/07/17 e editado em 2013/09/04.]See more blog.